The large communal baths at Mifuneyama Rakuen Hotel have been completely renovated (both men's and women's).
The men's bath now has a meditation sauna where guests can enjoy löyly (pouring hot water on sauna stones to produce steam, uses natural water from Mt. Mifune and roasted tea from Ureshino, Saga). The men's bath also has a cold water bath with hot spring water cooled to 16 degrees Celcius, and a large open-air bath/bathing space surrounded by the nature of Mt. Mifune.
The women's bath is also now equipped with a meditation sauna, allowing guests to enjoy löyly (uses natural water from Mt. Mifune) and Kugel (aroma balls that produce a scent when on top a sauna stove). It also has a cold water bath with hot spring water cooled to 17 degrees Celcius, a steam sauna, a cafe (has homemade pudding, detox water, etc.), and an open-air bath/bathing space surrounded by the nature of Mt. Mifune. We hope you will enjoy a relaxing time in our baths while gazing at Mt. Mifune's beautiful nature.
The Rakan Bath
Takeo Hot Springs is known for the transparency and pleasant softness of its waters. The hot spring is rich in history, since the “Hizen Fudoki,” written 1,300 years ago, makes mention of it, writing, “on the west side of the district lies a crag from which there issues a hot spring,” and it is said that even Empress Jingu once bathed here. Also, at the time of the Bunroku and Keicho Campaigns, the large numbers of soldiers who were assembled at Nagoya Castle would visit Takeo Hot Springs, and there is preserved to this day a red-sealed document, entitled “Rules for Bathing,” that Hideyoshi Toyotomi issued to keep the soldiers from disturbing the other bathers. During the Edo period, Takeo Hot Springs flourished as a station on the Nagasaki Kaido road, and such famous historical personages as Musashi Miyamoto, Philipp Franz von Siebold, Masamune Date, and Tadataka Ino are recorded to have bathed here. Takeo Hot Springs is a simple thermal hot spring, mildly alkaline, that contains a variety of mineral elements in just the right proportions. The waters have excellent heat retention, and are famous for making skin beautiful.
- Men's indoor bath
- Women's indoor bath
- Men's outdoor bath
- Women's outdoor bath
Winner of the SAUNACHILEN 2019 Grand Prix.
At the Rakan Bath sauna you can engage in some 'self-löyly' at your own leisure. Löyly involves pouring water over sauna stones to produce a very hot steam, which rapidly raises the temperature inside the sauna and encourages perspiration. On top of that, the speakers inside the sauna continuously play live sounds from the surrounding forests of Mifuneyama, creating a space where you can feel at one with nature.
- Men's Meditation Sauna
- In our men's bath we have natural Mifuneyama spring water and special roasted green tea from Ureshino in Saga Prefecture, extracted and prepared specially for use in our sauna.
- Men's Cold Water Bath
- A Takeo spring cooled to 16°C
- Women's Meditation Sauna
- This is our own unique brand of löyly, which we call 'cocktail löyly'. Here we take some cocktail balls and place them on top of the sauna stones piled atop the sauna heater. After 1-2 minutes pass, the balls will melt, filling the room with a delightful aroma. We keep a variety of different cocktail balls prepared continuously.
- Women's Cold Water Bath
- A Takeo spring cooled to 17°C
- Mist Sauna（Women only）
- Coffee room (women only)
- 15:00 (Check-in) - 24:00 and 6:00 - 10:30 (Check-out)
- We have switched to a rotating system between men and women for our guests. Guests will need to follow the men/women rotating system when using our communal bath (Rakan bath). (15:00-24:00 and 6:00-10:30)
- (*)Guests from Onyado Chikurintei also have access to the Mifuneyama Rakuen Hotel communal bath (free of charge).
At the large communal bath, you will find shampoo, rinse, body soap, and face towels available. There are also yukatas, bath towels, toothbrushes, razors, etc., in the guest rooms.
[Men's public bath]
Indoor bath: 1
Open-air bath: 1
Meditation Sauna: 1 (temperature 85℃)
Water bath: 1 (temperature 16℃)
[Women's public bath]
Indoor bath: 1
Open-air bath: 1
Meditation Sauna: 1 (temperature 80℃)
Mist Sauna: 1
Water bath: 1 (temperature 17℃)
Coffee room: 1 (homemade pudding, detox water, dried fruits, etc. Free)
About Takeo Hot Springs
Alkaline, simple thermal hot spring
Benefits and effects
Reducing fatigue, nerve pain, muscular pain, joint pain, shoulder stiffness, and joint stiffness; healing bruises and sprains; and improving health
Harmful for the following conditions
Malignant tumors, serious heart disease, and hemorrhagic diseases
- Relaxation area
- After you have bathed, feel free to use the relaxation area to rehydrate yourself or if you are waiting for someone.